Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Squirrel's Tale


I always know it is spring when my little visitors come peaking over the fence looking for food.  This year I have two new babies to feed, I can't believe people call squirrels rodents they are so cute. 

I have a little merry go round thingy out in the yard that I hook corn cobs to and you should see the little guys finish that corn off in a  flash, once done with the corn they proceed on over to the bird seed and start to polish that off too!  Well better the birdseed then my strawberries or apricots I guess. 

The dogs quite enjoy thier visits, they would all sit at the back window for hours if I let them to watch these little guys eat away, I call it "doggie t.v."  The squirrels are quite smart as they know the dogs are not coming out they are stuck gazing behind that window, sometimes they even tease my group as if to say you can look but you can't touch.

And now, when comes the calm mild day, as still such days will come,
To call the squirrel and the bee from out their winter home;
When the sound of dropping nuts is heard, though all the trees are still,
And twinkle in the smoky light the waters of the rill,
The south wind searches for the flowers whose fragrance late he bore,
And sighs to find them in the wood and by the stream no more.”


Quote by William Cullen Bryant 




No comments:

Post a Comment